Why is it recommended to separate Display Network from Search Network campaigns?
A) Lower clickthrough rates (CTRs) on the Google Display Network can negatively affect Quality Score
B) Different campaign settings may be more effective on different networks
C) Separate campaigns allow for more accurate location targeting
D) Higher bids required to be successful on the Google Display Network
The correct answer is B, different campaign settings may be more effective on different networks. This is because there are a variety of bidding strategies that should be used for different kinds of advertising and campaign goals. You will need to consider five basic types of goals if you are bidding, which depend on the settings of your current campaign.
● For direct action on your site, and if conversion tracking is what you are using, then a conversion-based focus is necessary.
● If it is brand awareness that needs to be increased, then perhaps impressions are what you should be using, such as (vCPM) cost-per-thousand viewable impressions.
● For generating traffic to your website, (CPC) cost-per-click bidding might be what you should use.
● For brand or product consideration that is increased using video, (CPV) cost-per-view is ideal.
● If you want to increase interactions or views with video ads that are being run, (CPM) cost-per-thousand impressions, or (CPV) cost-per-view might be what’s best.